Rick or Nick in Texas
Rick or Nick in Texas, HVAC Technician, Manager, Owner
Experience:  25yrs State Licensed/ own/ operate/ repair/ install/ design-> AC & Heating company in Texas
14943583

Hello there. I have a Honeywell thermostat that has outsmarted

Hello there. I have a Honeywell thermostat that has outsmarted me. The model number is XXXXX I pressed some button and now the thermostat will only turn on if it's on the "schedule" that I did not set up. So when I set the thermostat to heat to 70, for example, it will stay on for an hour, without changing temperature. Anyway, I'm not at all interested in using the schedule feature and I just want to know how to restart it and have a clean slate. I tried taking out and replacing the batteries, but it remembered the "schedule" that it decided I need. Thank you so much for your help!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick or Nick in Texas replied 5 years ago.

Hi!

Sounds like you accidentally may have reset or chose a preprogrammed schedule also that stat has what is called an Adaptive Intelligent Recovery sytem(pg 53). There should be a master reset that will erase all programmed schedules ones if not just rewrite them. Here is a link to the manual : http://customer.honeywell.com/techlit/pdf/PackedLit/69-1726.pdf

Hope this helps. Let me know. If not also let me know and I will still be here to answer any more questions for you even if you have already clicked Accept. Thx , Rick

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did not pay you because you did not help me. You simply referred me to a page in the manual that I already have and have already looked at.

I agree if you feel I havnt answered your question yet its not time to click the Accept button. Only click after I have to yoursatisfaction, answered your question.

OK....did you try the master rest yet? It will erase any settings that are scheduled and take you back to the "clean slate", then you can either reenter your schedule or just manually set temperature And use the Hold feature. Also that has the Adaptive Intelligent Recovery System which adapts to your use and climate. You can turn this feature off in the installer setup mode if it is intrusive to your settings. I just sent the link earlier in case you did not have a manual. They are handy in doing the above procedures and most people have misplaced thiere so it was just habit I sent that link just in case...lol. Let me know if I can be of any more help. Please do not click Accept until you are satisfied, and I will be here until you are :)...Thx, Rick

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. I have scoured the manual, but I can't find anything about a master reset. Did I miss it? Or is there a trick that I don't know about? Thank you for your help

One can always "Overide" the preset schedules by setting the temp at desired setting and pressing "Hold". If Hold is not pushed after setting temp it will only temporary be set and revert back to the factory or preset scedule at the preset programmed time.

OK to do the reset here is what your looking at but will take you back to a clean slate.

This will reset ALL settings even the heat pump or non heat pump, single stage 2 stage, etc....ALL of them and you will have to start from scratch to set up stat like when you first installed it

Ok to do a reset as follows:

• press and release the "system" and "fan" key at same time
  • press and hold "system" and "down" button until screen goes blank and "0680" appears on screen
  • press the "up" or "down" to change "0680" to "0710", there should be a flashing "0"
  • press "up" or "down" key to change "0" to a "1"
  • press the "done" key

Experience: 25yrs State Licensed/ own/ operate/ repair/ install/ design-> AC & Heating company in Texas