Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

I have an amana 952Q Model #GUVA070BX40 unit and fan is not

Customer Question

I have an amana 952Q Model #GUVA070BX40 unit and fan is not engaging. I checked the diagnostic led light and it blinks 4 times ( thermal protective device open ) Could you please direct me in where to look as I have checked most of the plug in devices to see if there statis is corect ( NO or NC ) and they all seem to be. Could the fan motor itself be faulty? I do have two of these units in my home and was thinking of switching the fan motors to diagnois.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 8 years ago.

It could be two things. They may be referring to the high limit switch would be mounted on the front wall of the furnace and have two wires attached to it. Or they may mean the motor's thermal overload but typically the motor's internal overload is not sensed by the circuit board.

I'm going to see if I can get the service manual on it.

I'll be back in a few minutes

Thanks

Mark.

I can't find a mnaual on it. Do you have yours ?

If you could give me the manual number it will help.

Thanks

Mark.