Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

I Have A GE MOTOR Stock # XXXXX Motor is OK but module attached

Customer Question

I Have A GE MOTOR Stock # XXXXX Motor is OK but module attached to bottom of it has been diagnosed as being bad, could I find a place to just buy the Module?????
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 5 years ago.

Hi ,

I'm showing that as needing a capacitor which may be the module that you are referring to. Are there two wiring terminals on it and a series of numbers resembling this

7.5 / 370

If that is the case you are able to buy just the capacitor. You can buy it on line.

Capacitor click here

Thanks

Mark.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO I'm A HVAC Technician and I know what a capaciator is. this module is attached to the back side of the motor on a Luxaire/moncrief/York Residential Furnace. info. on this module attached to motor is ECM 2.3 DG02 3/4 Hp 120/240v 09/29/04 8 ooo21817 GE INDUSTRIAL.COM/DEALER
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is a computer module that is attached to the back side of the motor and all furnace blower motor wires attach to this module to control the motor.

That's an ECM motor,

Electronically commutated motor, basically it's just a rectified DC voltage motor. You will have to go to York to get the part. It's on a variable speed furnace.

Thanks

Mark.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have taken this to a motor specialist and the motor is ok I Just need that electronic computer module not the motor cause the motor is ok like I said. My York dealer wants to sell me the complete package for over $400.00 when I only need the module, original question is do you know anybody that just carries the module that I can buy...

I understand you want to just buy the module. I just don't think you are going to have any luck doing it because it is an OEM part.

I think you're stuck buying the whole thing from York.

If I haven't answered your question don't click the accept button and you won't get charged.

Thanks

Mark.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK thanks!!!! that's what I actually wanted if you knew of anybody that could sell me that Module that is bad. WHAT a dumb design by YORK, this is the 3rd one that has gone bad on his furnace in 6 years

The funny part is the motor number crosses over to a condenser fan motor. Yeah you can't get around it that I know of, not yet anyway.

Thanks

Mark.