Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

I have a Winchester furnace, it quit blowing hot air, pilot

I have a Winchester furnace, it quit blowing hot air, pilot light is gone. According to the '4 flash', it sounds like the blower motor. What kind of trouble will I have getting 1) parts, and 2) getting someone to fix it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 8 years ago.

Winchester is part of the York line of equipment , you should not have a problem acquiring parts or service from your nearest York dealer.

York is a popular brand sold under many different labels.

Thank you,

Mark.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. Estimated cost of the part?

I don't know what motor it is, if it is not the super high efficiency variable speed motor you can expect to pay approximately 150 dollars for a blower motor , that is the part. If you have it serviced it can vary widely but will probably be between 2 and 3 hundred dollars for the total repair.

If you happen to have a variable speed motor it could be a hundred dollars more. This is not likely though.

Thank you,

Mark.