Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My gas boiler (potterton kingfisher) will not switch off -

Customer Question

My gas boiler (potterton kingfisher) will not switch off - either in the off position or in the "all day" position which usually turns it off in the evening and on in the morning (for heat and hot water). The radiators are getting very hot- more so than normal. The boiler will only shut off if I turn it off at the circuit breaker. It has a siemens/landis programmer which now doesn't appear to rotating with the time. I noticed this problem after I had to reset several circuit breakers that suddenly turned off (not sure why). Any thoughts?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  hvacmrfixit replied 8 years ago.
Yes sounds like the motor in the Siemans unit has stopped in the on position you will have to keep shutting the breakers off untill it is replaced. Thanks Don
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Don. So then are you saying the problem is not the boiler, but the programmer? Also, do you know why the radiators are getting so much hotter than usual? I don't want to keep switching the boiler off at the circuit breaker, but have turned all of the individual radiators down. Thanks again.
The boiler is not being switched to idle mode as it usually runs