chris
chris, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years of h.v.a.c.experance.in service & installation.
15040421

my central heat is blowing cool air

Customer Question

my central heat is blowing cool air
Category: HVAC
Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.
hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX furnace is blowng cold air how old is the furnace?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what's up chris,the furnace is more than 10 years old and is located in an apartment
Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.
does the furance have a pilot if so is it lite. does the furance have any fault codes or any flashing led lights?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, it is electric there is no pilot to light.The system is responding to the thermostat on auto and set to high temp but the air blowing from the vents are cool
Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.
so you have a electric furance you dont have any gas lines to the furance?do you have a heat pump?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no gas lines
Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.
do you have a heat pump?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no heat pump
Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.

I'm not sure what type of heat you have you said you dont have gas you also said its not a heat pump is it oil or is it electric. Have you tryed to turn off the power switch or checked the electical panel is the breaker tripped.

Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.

does the furance have any fault codes or led.lights

Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.

Did this help you? Is the heat running If so good luck if you have any questions feel free to ask if your all set please click accept thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no answer that the expert gave me was the solution and therefore I feel that no compensation is required but in the event that someone else has the same problem tell them to try the heat element.THANK YOU!