Robert
Robert, HVACR Educator
Experience:  Licensed Mechanical Contractor, 30 years experience, 20 years teaching experience
14700863
HVAC

Honeywell thermostat is not turning on any heat, why?

My Honeywell Thermostat is not... Show More

My Honeywell Thermostat is not turning on any heat. However, the fan is working but not the Auto. Also, when I went to change the batteries, I forgot to switch it to the OFF position.

Now it displays a flashing battery sign even though I replace it with new ones. Please help me.

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Model RTH230B1006

Category: HVAC
replied 8 years ago.

If you changed the batteries and it is flashing "Battery" then the batteries may not be installed properly.

We will need to start by troubleshooting the original problem. Did the furnace quit after you changed the batteries?

Customer reply replied 8 years ago.

I checked to see if I had installed them properly and I did...I did not check the furnace though. The furnace did not even turn on..

Robert, HVACR Educator replied 8 years ago.
Ok, If the fan is working then you have power. Were you having furnace trouble prior to replacing the batteries?
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.

The furnace was not turning on before I changed the batteries...that's why i changed the batteries because I thought that maybe the batteries were old...

Customer reply replied 8 years ago.

Yes i was.

I even went and reset the circuit breaker for the heat....did I do something wrong?

Alright then, I need some furnace information. Can you get me the make, model and approximate age of the furnace? Also, Do you have some skills with common tools or maybe any electrical skills? If I know this I can tailor my responses correctly.
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.

No experience at all....i'll be right back with the information...

If your fan is running there is power to the thermostat. We will need to check some simple things on the furnace. I notice you are offline. I will be here when you get back on however another tech may send you a post. If you would like to stick with me that's great. Just let them know that.
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.

It's a Bryant Gas Furnace....I'm still searching for the owners manual, though

It's not necessary for the manual. I need you go to the furnace.
I need to know the model number. It can be found inside the large front cover look to the left. There will be a tag that has a lot of other information
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.

I'm having a problem locating my owners manual....is there any way I could look on the actual furnace itself for that info?

When you find the information let me know we might be able to make this easy.

I'm sorry but I have lost you again. I will check back in from time to time to see if you are back.