alex hewitt
alex hewitt, HVAC Technician
Experience:  10 years UK based boiler repair and servicing. Registered gas operative in Uk
14654104

worcester 30si combi boiler - blue light is flashing and the

worcester 30si combi boiler - blue light is flashing and the reset button is flashing. It is minus 8 outside and we have poured boiling water over the external pipes. Is it safe to leave like this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  alex hewitt replied 8 years ago.

HI

Is the blue light flashing fast or slow?

What external pipes do you have?

Alex

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The blue light is flashing slow.

The external overflow pipe is about 6" above the ground and sticks out of the wall by approx 6". I've put a skewer in the pipe and it doesn't appear to be blocked. We have also poured boiling water over the pipe in case it has frozen.

Should'nt freeze and there shouldn't be water in it as its the pressure relief valve vent.

However if this has been dripping or pouring out water recently? it is a good clue to the fault.

Turn down any room stat and dont run the hot water for a minute.Turn the progrmmer/timer off from timed or constant

I need you to reset the boiler by holding in the reset button for two seconds then release.

The blue light should then stop flashing and be a solid blue light. If it doesnt turn off at the wall for 2 mins then back on.

Let me know when you've done this

Alex

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

We reset the boiler and after about a minute the blue light flashes and so does the reset button. This has happened for the last 2 hours.

Is the boiler safe to leave like this until the morning as we need to get to sleep as have work in the morning. Or do we need to turn the boiler off?

Totally safe to leave as is for the night.

Alex