plumber 171
plumber 171, plumbing and heating mec
Experience:  Master Plumber, Fire Sprinkler, and Jobbing Spec.
14516829

my boiler is making a gurgling rush sound when we turn up the

my boiler is making a gurgling rush sound when we turn up the heat and it hasnt been heating up as fast, I opened the front of the boiler and i noticed the psi were only about 8 when it kicked on. is my pump bad?   I have a Burnham hydronic system with a grundfos pump and a indirect tank.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  plumber 171 replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
what type of boiler is this

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
burnham hydronic
your boiler is low on water rais the psi to at least 12 to 18 psi and blead the zones and then the noise will be gone
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it has a guard dog low water cut off

your not low on water the boiler could be full and be low on pressure

you have no pressure you have raise the pressure with the fast fill

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the fast fill? I have 5 gallons of (no burst) should i use that or water? do i take a garden hose and stick it in a bucket of water and open the valves so it will draw in the lines?

if you know how to add " no Burst " then yes you will have to replenish your anti freeze but the psi must be rasied

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX sure if thats how or not? how do i raise the psi?

there is a valve going to the boiler from the water heater aera there is a device its eather

green or brass with a tab at the top or its a brass loking ufo with a rocker to be lifted

as you add the water loook at the guage and stop at 12 to 18 psi

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I looked all over its a bradford-white indirect tank and i see no such valve? would it run under the house or no?
no there is a 1/2 copper line going to your boiler ( it goes from the boiler to the domestic water supply ) it fills your boiler there should be a valve before it then a device used to fill and maintain the system psi
plumber 171, plumbing and heating mec
Experience: Master Plumber, Fire Sprinkler, and Jobbing Spec.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is a 1/2 from the tank to back of boiler but it runs under the boiler to crawlspace so i dunno im sure that is it or I will find it. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.