Ronald, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  2nd Generation Technician, Civil Engineer, SAFETY FIRST! Electricty, Gas & Carbon monoxide can kill.

Portable 125v heater, Big Heat Model 6200 nead to find a

Portable 125v heater, "Big Heat" Model 6200 nead to find a replacement for the thermostat.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Ronald replied 7 years ago.
There are a few places on line that sell "Big Heat" parts, here are 2:

PPL Motor Homes 1-800-755-4775

Berryland Campers 1-877-370-7001

I'm sure you can order the part and have it shipped to you. If you need more sources, please let me know. Thanks for using JustAnswer! Ron
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The second web address has the actual heater, but not parts.

the only thing wrong with the one I have is the thermostat is malfunctioning. I'd like to get a replacement for it.

It should be something achievable, don't you think?

Expert:  Ronald replied 7 years ago.
Certainly - if they make the unit they most certainly would have parts for them. Have you already removed the old thermostat where we can get a part number? In fact I'm glad you wrote in as I used to have a great little heater that went missing over the years; now I know the manufacturer and the model number!
Okay, it is actually made by Broan-NuTone. They have a parts section but the Big Heat isn't listed so you will have to call. Their tech support number is 1-800-637-1453 and the main number is XXXXX Here is the parts website: , but it doesn't have the Big Heat listed.

That should get you connected to the right part! If you have any problems, let me know! Thanks, Ron.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok, Thanks.

It's probably out of date, but I'll call and see.

If they don't I'll replace it with something that will work.

I was trying to call will typing this and I was hung up on, hmmm.

Again thanks for you time.

Expert:  Ronald replied 7 years ago.
Yikes! How's that for customer service? I hope it was on accident or I'll be making a call to the department manager there. Please let me know! Ron