HVAC22, HVAC Technician
Experience:  NATE Certified, 15years experience, Manual d and Manual j

I have an old Temco wall furnace in my basement its model #

I have an old Temco wall furnace in my basement its model # XXXXX Im not sure where the pilot is to light, I know its getting gas and I know it works (or has in the past). Any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC22 replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome. Thanks for asking your question on Just Answer. I hope this information helps you. Follow your gas line into the furnace to the gas valve. It should have a knob with three positions. On,Off and Pilot. Once you have identified this device,look for a small diameter aluminum tubing. Now follow that tubing into the burner compartment. This will lead you to the pilot assembly.

As with any gas appliance, it should be checked seasonally by a professional. It may have an unsafe condition that you may not recognize. This should especially be done on older equipment as they do not have thje safety devices of modern day equipment.

If this answers your question,please click ACCEPT. If not please post back. I want to be as much help as possible. Bonus is much appreciated and shows thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is how I know I am helping my clients to the fullest of abilities. Thank You!