Electrifier, Mechanical Inspector
Experience:  24 years as a Mechanical Inspector and years designing and building car wash equipment

my furnace wont kick in. The pilot light is lit and when i

Customer Question

my furnace wont kick in. The pilot light is lit and when i turn furnace fan on that works, but when thermostat is on heat nothing comes out. The fan will not turn on when in heat position. I have a digital thermostat also.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Electrifier replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a meter available? You need to verify you have power to the gas valve when the thermostat calls for heat. The fan won't turn on until the flame is lit and heats up. This is to prevent it from blowing cold air in the Auto position. Check the gas valve to see that you have 24 volts across the terminals on the valve that turn it on.