I got a weird chemical taste in my mouth after feeding my horses from a bale of meadowgrass hay. I did not at that time relate it to the hay, but tonight the dust on my lips face nose and throat have a chemical taste, the hay has a fine dust. I took it all away from horses. Neither I nor the horses seems sick, but I am very worried. Do people ever get pesticide poisoning in hay? This seems like pesticide or herbicide accident, not normal use. I will call hay dealer and vet in morning.
Pet's Gender: Female
Pet's Age: >12
Type of Animal: 2 mules, 1 mare
I am observing. Old Mare was lying down and stiff this morning, not in breakfast spot, but she got up, had good gut noise and ambled off to eat. This was before I noticed chemical taste from hay. The taste was what I remember cocaine tasting (from many years ago).
Except for the taste, no other symptoms like nausea, breathing problems dizziness, etc.?