Doctor.A
Doctor.A, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am licensed to practice Veterinary Medicine in multiple states, as well as Board Certified In Equine Surgery.
75359699

Choke. Can I give him ban amine. He has already been oiled

Customer Question

Choke. Can I give him ban amine. He has already been oiled and received oxytocin and TMZ inj
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The veterinarian will know what you should do. How old is Choke?
Customer: 20 years. Vet has cleaned gone for the night . he will be back in the am I just need to know if Banamine is OK. Seems like it should be helpful with pain and inflammation
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Choke?
Customer: Not sure what you are asking. I'm a tech too. Just hating seeing him suffer all night if I can help
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am Dr A and would love to help. are you available to discuss?

Expert:  Doctor.A replied 7 months ago.

A dose of banamine for a horse that has experienced choke and has no other systemic problems is a very appropriate treatment. My concern with you administering it is that it would be a second dose on top of what your veterinarian gave. It is a typical treatment, so to hear your veterinarian did not give it would be surprising.