Dr. B.
Dr. B., Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Board Certified Equine Surgeon, Lameness and Sports Medicine Specialist DVM, BSc
13958431

I need to purchase a bottle of banamine for my horses, I

Customer Question

I need to purchase a bottle of banamine for my horses
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your horse?
Customer: I have horses that colic periodically and I need to have the banamine on hand to give a shot. I live way out in the country and a vet would not arrive in time.
JA: Where does your horse seem to hurt?
Customer: When they colic, they show the regular signs.
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: They paw, swish their tail, head goes from side to side, want to lay down
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help your horse. What is the horse's name and age?
Customer: It is an older horse, Truman
JA: How old is Truman?
Customer: 22
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Truman?
Customer: No. I just need to have banamine on hand.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 21 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for asking your question. My name is***** will try to help.

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 21 days ago.

I just wanted to let you know that due to State and National regulations a vet would have to examine your horse in person before prescribing banamine. So you will have to get a vet in your area to do that for you. I do think it is a good idea to have some on hand. I just did not want you to wonder why no one was answering your question. It's because we can not prescribe anything without examining the pet.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Will you be able to prescribe banamine for my horse?
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 21 days ago.

No sorry, That is what I was trying to explain. The vet has to examine your horse in person before prescribing banamine. The vet could lose their license if they did otherwise.

So you will have to get a vet in your area to examine your horse in person or if you already have a vet just call them and ask if you can buy a bottle of banamine.