Doctor.A
Doctor.A, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am licensed to practice Veterinary Medicine in multiple states, as well as Board Certified In Equine Surgery.
75359699

She is lifting her back left leg up towards her belly of and

Customer Question

She is lifting her back left leg up towards her belly of and on..has been treated with omwprazole x 2 weeks..but today seems worse
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Her foot seems ok
JA: What is the horse's name?
Customer: Nala
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Nala?
Customer: I can send a video of her..she was scoped last week and vet saw a little irritation so continued the ulcer meds another month
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 25 days ago.

Hello. I am Dr A and would love to help.. What can I answer for you today?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I wanted to know your opinion about our mare.she is 8 years old.Has been tender to touch her belly for over a month and was scoped last week after being on ulcer guard for 2 weeks..vet found a small area of irritation...she does not seem bettr..she is lifting her left leg up when eating and it's pronounced today even more ..when she is tied in grooming stall..almost pawing at her under belly..she seems to be eating and pooping fine..her feet look fine..
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 25 days ago.

It sounds like perhaps the ulcermed is not working appropriately. There is more recent informaion out that states some horses may need to be on a higher dose of omeprazole. What dose is currently being given?
You can also consider adding sucralfate to the program for a week or so. This works like pepto bismol and coats the ulcers. If no i mprovemement, then we have to look at other sources of discomfort.

Has any bloodwork been done, or an ultrasound of the abdomen?

Expert:  Doctor.A replied 25 days ago.

is there anything else i can answer for you?

Expert:  Doctor.A replied 23 days ago.
Hi Alice,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 19 days ago.

If you have no other questions. please take a moment to rate my answer. it does not charge you more, and helps me help others.
Also be sure to come back and fill me in on how things go. we can continue our conversation at that time