Dr. B.
Dr. B., Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Board Certified Equine Surgeon, Lameness and Sports Medicine Specialist DVM, BSc
13958431

It seems that every joint in her body is stiff, and she also

Customer Question

It seems that every joint in her body is stiff, and she also has weird fatty deposits over her back. Have been having these issues since January of this year. She has had every blood test known to man, x-rays, ultrasounds, tissue samples, her hay and field grass and grain have been analyzed. She has been tested fro Lime Disease, and Cushing's Disease, everything we can think of, She has now been seen by three different vets, and no one has a clue. She has never had lameness or colic issues once in her life, she just turned 18 in March, and these problems just began this year. My vet is now consulting with internal specialists, we tried Steroid injections to rule out Arthritis or RA. Going broke trying to determine what is wrong with her. She is a mystery, no one has a clue...... She has not tried to lie down since last year, and she used to lay down all the time. Feel like I'm grasping at straws and can't determine how to help her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the horse. What is the horse's name and age?
Customer: She is not lethargic, not sure you read my questions. She is 18 and her name is Peggy.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peggy?
Customer: She also had 4 golf ball sized masses removed from her vaginal canal about three weeks ago, we were hoping those were causing some of the other problems, but no relief since the surgery. She is getting stiffer by the day, she still eats and drinks well, and wanders around, but refuses to do anything but walk.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Jeffrey Evans replied 2 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Evans, are you there?

I'm here if you need me!