Dr. B.
Dr. B., Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Board Certified Equine Surgeon, Lameness and Sports Medicine Specialist DVM, BSc

I have a maiden mini mare who was due i thought the 10 aug

Customer Question

i have a maiden mini mare who was due i thought the 10 aug but i mucked up now i think it would have been closer to 10 sept she has bagged up a little but nothing really happening she is not stressed or anything and i dont think she has lost the foal either should i get her checked
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the horse?
Customer: hello waiting for an answer please
JA: Where does the horse seem to hurt?
Customer: sheis soft on the top of her bum or side doesnt like you lifting her tail to much
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the horse's name and age?
Customer: shiloh and she is 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about shiloh?
Customer: she got infoal when she was about 2 but her body took it cause she was young i was told
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like Shiloh is close to foaling based on what you have said. It is not unusual for them to go over their foaling date. As long as she is not distressed just keep checking her frequently.

It is always a good idea to have a vet check out a mare in foal - especially since she lost a previous foal. Minis often have trouble giving birth due to their small size so keep that in mind.