Dr. B.
Dr. B., Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Board Certified Equine Surgeon, Lameness and Sports Medicine Specialist DVM, BSc

He is not eating or drinking, he seems lethargic. He lays

Customer Question

He is not eating or drinking, he seems lethargic. He lays down more than usual and is staying away from the herd. He also has a bare patch on each hip.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the horse. What is the horse's name and age?
Customer: Streaker is 23
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Streaker?
Customer: he won't even eat apples or oats. He was hanging out at the water trough and looking at it but not drinking.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Tiffany Bohlmann replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry to hear that Streaker is not feeling well. When horses don't eat it is very serious. I'd recommend a vet call for your horse- as soon as possible. When horses don't eat this is very serious and they can actually get sick from not eating as well.