Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating horses.
16881297

A 17 .1 tb sore in the heels,,, had nav bursa injected

Customer Question

a 17 .1 tb sore in the heels,,, had nav bursa injected weds,, once banamine wore off , he was still sore. its only been 3 days,,, it sthis t be expected or should he be better? he worked out of it, but he always did that. i did give but and previcox just for today
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the horse's name?
Customer: freddom
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Freedom?
Customer: freedom
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If the damage to the bursa or surrounding tissues was severe from an injury, this may take 2-6 months to heal. You did not say but xrays and an ultrasound to determine the damage would help give you a better feel for when Freedom can be used again and healed well enough. Continuing the Banamine is going to help decrease Freedom's pain and decrease the inflammation that will add to the damage in the joint that needs to heal. I am not surprised that Freedom is still sore after the Banamine wears off since this injury may be more serious than you think. It is important to get all the information you can to determine the best course of treatment and the time this will take.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****