Doctor.A
Doctor.A, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am licensed to practice Veterinary Medicine in multiple states, as well as Board Certified In Equine Surgery.
75359699

I covered our mare 5 times last year,she never returned

Customer Question

Hi I covered our mare 5 times last year,she never returned so I assumed she's in foal. She's on day 335 today not overly big and slight change in her udder. There is like a jolty movement when she's eating her food. Just wondered if she is in foal
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the horse's name?
Customer: Mufti
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mufti?
Customer: No she is fit and well and has been a broodmare for a well known stud for many years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr A and would love to help.That your mare did not return to cycling after cover, and evidence of movement in the belly are both great indicators that your mare is in foal! With it being 335 days , and her udder starting to show signs of filling means that we are likely getting close to foaling. If there is any doubt in your mind, there is no one on the internet that can guarantee that she is in foal! The signs are there but mother nature can be crafty. To make sure, you have three options.1. wait, and see2. have a veterinarian take a blood sample to check.3. have a veterinarian palpate her, at this stage, it should be very obvious on palpation!
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 6 months ago.
was there any thing else I can answer for you? If not please take a moment to rate my answer. It helps me help other,s and does not cost you more.Thanks!