Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating horses.
16881297

My horse slipped on cement over 2 weeks ago, and seemed fine,

Customer Question

My horse slipped on cement over 2 weeks ago, and seemed fine, but now is having trouble walking and has balance issues. Can't find a vet before morning. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. It is not unusual that after an injury, there may have been an area that was injured and as time goes on, this injury is allowed to spread causing this balance and walking issues. For now, it is best to keep Freya immobile as possible in a small stall so this defect does nto get worse and if you have Butazolidin or Banamine available, give this every 12 hrs to decrease the inflammation that may be causing these problems. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****