Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating horses.

My horse has a growth coming out of his fetlock just above

Customer Question

My horse has a growth coming out of his fetlock just above his hoof. It is in the middle in the crevis. It's colour is pinky/white like a horn. Can anyone tell me wat this could possibly be and how to treat it?? Thanks
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This mass that you see on Rocky could be a sarcoid. These are common skin tumors of horses and sometimes have a hereditary component. There are different treatments for this but the most common treatment is Cryotherapy which means that this mass is frozen off. This LINK will explain in more detail. It is best to have your vet examine this mass to be sure that this is the problem and they will develop a treatment regimen to help Rocky. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****