Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating horses.
16881297

It is a 6 month old mini he is rolling and lying down, Not

Customer Question

It is a 6 month old mini he is rolling and lying down
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the horse?
Customer: Not eating this morning
JA: What is the horse's name?
Customer: He still has been nursing a little bit
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the horse?
Customer: Not that I am aware of he may have eaten a little bit of the chicken scratch but no more than a few crumbs
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It sounds like your guy is suffering from colic. This may be due to an obstruction or a digestive disturbance such as a worm load or having ingested something odd. DO NOT allow him to roll or lie down....walk him around slowly which will help his digestive tract to start moving and if you have any Butazolidin or Banamine on hand, give that in the dose according to his weight every 12 hrs. After walking, he can lie down but any rolling could turn fatal so be sure ot get him up if he rolls.

If this continues even after treatment, call your vet on emergency since any obstruction can be fatal if left untreated.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta