Doctor.A
Doctor.A, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am licensed to practice Veterinary Medicine in multiple states, as well as Board Certified In Equine Surgery.
75359699

OUR 14.1 Arabian QH ran into a fence 2 years ago As time

Customer Question

OUR 14.1 Arabian QH ran into a fence 2 years ago As time goes on he seems stiff in his shoulder. What should be my next step. Aucc. therpy no help. Massage tempery relief. Any injections that can help him.
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am Dr A and would love to help.

are you available to discuss?

Expert:  Doctor.A replied 1 year ago.

was there damaged to the shoulder at the time of the injury?

2 years is a long time to still consider that this is the primary problem. It certainly could be , but there has been sufficient time lapsed that there could be trouble coming from a different area.

my recommendation would be to have a vet good at lameness do some flexions and blocks fo the limb to ensure it is coming from the shoulder.

then, imaging of the affected area, including xrays +/- ultrasound to make a diagnosis.

if it is in the shoulder, then injections may be an option if it invovles the joint.

massage and other modalities (stretching) may be of benefit, but often only short term relief.

Expert:  Doctor.A replied 1 year ago.

is there anything else i can answer for you?