Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating horses.
16881297

Your question: "My horse is laying down a lot and we found a

Customer Question

Your question: "My horse is laying down a lot and we found a dead squarl in his water tank!!! There is mosquito larva and some type of Very tiny red worms the size of the Mosquito larva, that we dumped out of his water tank. He is laying down a lot! What can I do??"
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
It is very unlikely that the reason that Kyah is laying down a lot is from the contaminants in the water tank. Horses are able to ingest many contaminants that are destroyed by the stomach acids and do not cause them any harm. I would worry more that Kyah has some form of arthritis or hoof issue (founder?) making his feet hurt so he does not want to stand that much because it hurts when he does. Have Kyah checked by your vet....just to be sure. This is not normal behavior.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand what you are saying but there is no way this is any leg or foot issues. I feel that he was dehydrated due to avoiding the contaminated water. I did not get a response right away and I knew it was something to do with his stomach and water, due to my experience with horses. I gave him a full tube of Equine probiotics. We dumped all the water out again, washed out his trough and refilled it for the second time. He finally came over to see what we were doing and saw the fresh water in his tank as I called him over. He drank quite a bit of water and then went into his stall and rested. I came back an hour later to check on him and he seemed to feel a bit better. Then I gave him a bit of grass hay and he ate it. I went to the house, then came back and checked on him once more that night and he was still up and eating. He was well by the next morning.
I appreciate you responding but I understood that the funds for this would not come out of my account until after I had received the answer back and determined that I was satisfied with the answer. The money was taken out of my account before I even saw the answer and we are now dealing with an overdraft fee, for an answer that came too late and was not relevant to the situation.
I am so sorry! I am happy that Kyah is doing well and if you do NOT rate, you will not be charged and the deposit will be returned. Check again to see if it was. If not, contact :
***@******.***
Again, so sorry!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. Is that an email address you gave? I am sure you are a good vet but I understood that this service was paid for AFTER a satisfactory answer was given.
I am sad to say that I tend to think the best of a company until they prove to be dishonest. I hope you are right about them returning the money and I would feel more comfortable referring others.
I will be more careful with this kind of thing in the future and I hope I can get my bank to reverse their fees also.
I think this is a great service if the company can be more honest and not be misleading reguarding payment. I would like to refer others to my.justanswer.com if I can be sure this is an honest company with good intentions to help answer important questions for people and not cause them the same trouble they caused me.
Again, I do thank you for your response even though it was not relevant to our situation. You said I should not rate it at all??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did not just take the $5 deposit, they took another $28 in another separate transaction, before I even saw your response.
sorry! I will report this to customer service..
Have a wonderful day!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much

You are very welcome!! Have a wonderful day!!