horsemed
horsemed, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Equine veterinarian with 8 years experience working at referral hospitals throughout the country
75349229

One of my mares eyes is complete clouded over. Yesterday evening

Customer Question

One of my mares eyes is complete clouded over. Yesterday evening she was just fine. It appears that she can't really see at all in that eye. What could cause this? And could it get better?
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  horsemed replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am an internal medicine specialist and I would be happy to help. I'm sorry to hear about Koda. I am worried about uveitis, inflammation of the eye or moon blindness, which would cause cloudiness of the eye. It is unlikely to get better on its own without intervention, so I would recommend immediate veterinary attention. They will examine the eye, stain it to see if there's a corneal ulcer, and treat aggressively to combat the inflammation. I would encourage you to call them on emergency basis, as future vision depends on timely treatment. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  horsemed replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to check to see if you have any questions? Please click the "accept" button or rate my answer if you found it to be helpful. Even though you placed a deposit, experts do not receive credit for their time until the answer is accepted. Otherwise, I would be happy to continue answering any questions you have!