DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  experience in racetrack medicine and general practice; owned and ridden horses throughout life.
24095035

My donkeys testicles are large and hard

Customer Question

my donkeys testicles are large and hard
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. Im sorry you have had to wait ahile for a response.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
I see that your donkey is older. ....with that knowledge here are some thoughts1. if they do not seem to be causing the donkey any pain or discomfort, it could just be that with age they have gotten more pendulous and noticeable. As animals age, things sag, just like in people.2. If they do seem painful or are getting noticably bigger at a rapid pace it could be: edema from a bug bite or allergic reaction, cancerous masses, testicular torsion (this would tend to be just one), infection or abscess.You could try cold hosing them if he will let you. Walking him around a bit. If he seems feverish, painful, colicky, wont eat, or if they continue to get larger, you need to have a vet out to examine him and figure out what is wrong and start appropriate treatment. It is not possible for me to determine which of the above listed things it might be without seeing him.I hope this helps. Best of luck.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ