Dr. Berry
Dr. Berry, Veterinarian
Experience:  26 years experience in small and large animal medicine and surgery.

My horse has developed small lumps across his nose and face

My horse has developed small lumps across his nose and face which seems to spreading. He also has two large lumps which could be bites one on his neck and one on his back. He does not seem to have altered his behaviour. I was thinking I should stable him and try an anti histamine?
Category: Horse Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Berry replied 5 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Berry. Thanks for your question.

Are the lumps hard or soft? Is there any heat associated with them? Is there any discharge from the lumps? Do they appear to itch? How long have they been present?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did notice him itching his face. He also has a significant lump on this neck under hic chin, it has the soft/ solid feel to it like a swollen bite. The lumps on his face are small, rash like and across his nose and cheek. He is eating feed. They started 3 days ago and have spread.
Expert:  Dr. Berry replied 5 years ago.
Sounds like it could be some kind of allergic response to some kind of insect bite. I would try some antihistamines and see if the lumps get better. Also watch for some kind of insect such as flies or mosquitoes that may be causing the lumps.