Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

Quick question...I have a 03 civic ex...it started to

Customer Question

quick question...I have a 03 civic ex...it started to overheat..the radiator fan turns as soon as I start the ac, but will not turn on when at temp...I had some work done to the ac awhile ago, but gave the car to my son, now he joined the air force, so I have the car back. Maybe they put the wires wrong??
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: yes i have...why does the radiator fan come on as soon as i turn the ac on...with the car cold
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am...i changed the thermostat, radiator cap...and the temp switch for the fan...could they have wired it incorrectly...I was assuming that when ac turns on, only the condenser fan should turn on, not the radiator fan
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Todd M replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you are have issue with your cooling fan. The condenser fan comes on with the a/c in order to regulate the temperature and pressures in the system. The radiator fan not functioning will likely be do to the fan relay or the fan switch. Here I am supplying the electrical information for the circuits to give you a better understanding. Give me just a moment, please.

Expert:  Todd M replied 14 days ago.

Here I am providing fuse and relay location that will help you locate the fan fuses and relay.

Expert:  Todd M replied 14 days ago.

Also, I am providing testing information for the circuits. This will help you pinpoint the issue.

Expert:  Todd M replied 14 days ago.

The overheating is likely do to the fact that the fan is not coming on. Repairing the fan should cure your issue.

Expert:  Todd M replied 14 days ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 days ago.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.