Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

The exterior front door handle will not open the door. I can

Customer Question

The exterior front door handle will not open the door. I can open it from the inside. 2010 Honda Civic. I have the door panel off but cannot see why the outside handle will not work.
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just open the door panel to see what it is.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I understand your issue. I am providing replacement information that shows the various parts and removal procedure.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 days ago.

Spot A has a lever in it that when you pull the door handle, this lever pulls the door latch, opening the door.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 days ago.

The clips often break and need replacing. The handle itself may also be damage, you may need to remove the handle to inspect.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 days ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.