HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2009 Honda Civic Si. Indicator was the battery was

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Honda Civic Si. Indicator was the battery was low and needed recharging. Checked the battery and the meter said bad diode. Changed the alternator and with a fully charged battery the engine started normal. 48 hours later due to slightly drained battery the engine would not turn over just a solenoid clicking noise. Honda blog said that I needed to replace a 7.5 amp fuse in interior fuse block of car in slot 15 which is a dome light. This doesn't make sense can you help?
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: The time of 48 hours is wrong it was 24 hours before trying to restart it again.
JA: Are you fixing your Civic Si yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am doing this myself. I haven't replaced any fuses. I wouldn't think it was the fuse in the dome lights that needed to be replaced? Put in a new alternator but haven't run a retest on the electrical system. Once the drained battery is recharged externally. I'll reinstall the battery and be able to check the whole system. I unfortunately don't have a manual.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. It sound like you have a parasitic drain in the system somewhere. Are you sure you are not leaving anything on?

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Have you been having issues with your dome light?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have decided to not to use your service! Thanks