justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Very litte heat unless I increase the rpm's, I do smell a

Customer Question

very litte heat unless I increase the rpm's
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: I do smell a coolant ordor but it does not over heat. yes I have checked the coolant level. it's ok
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 pilot EX
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do have a mechanic, just trying to identify the issue. I hear radiators are a common isse?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I am a Honda/Acura service technician of 10 years so I know the brand well. Please give me a moment while I write a response

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

From experience the most likely problem here is a seeping radiator. You need to check the coolant level in the radiator by removing the cap when the engine is cold. More than likely it is a little bit low. You mentioned that you checked the coolant, but did not specify where. Also, there is probably some air in the system from the leaky radiator. Air in the system will cause heat issues as well. Replacing the radiator and properly bleeding the system should fix this right up. If you need any more specifics or have more questions just ask. Thanks

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks

Any news here? Please remember that I haven't been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer. Thanks