Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Automotive Technician with a Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive Technology
78075103

Yesterday i hit the panic button on a key to my 2005 honda

Customer Question

Hi yesterday i hit the panic button on a key to my 2005 honda it would not start. I finally got it to start normally drove it twice w no problems Now the computer immibilization system has disabled the startunf of car We checked the battery
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No The battery and elwctrical seemed in great shape After trying to start the green key immobilization system blinks Checked the manual it said consult a dealer
JA: What is the model of your '05 Honda?
Customer: ACCORD SEDAN
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes Its ran perferfectly It seems to be immibilazation device
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car has ran perfectly since i accidentally activated a panic button on one of the keys dont know if its related.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 3 months ago.

This is a common problem among Hondas of this age. In fact I have a 2003 Acura MDX (Honda Pilot) that was exhibiting the same symptoms as your car.

If you will kindly rate my service as three stars or higher, I will then give you the fix.

Thank you in advance.