kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX with 200,000+ miles. For the

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX with 200,000+ miles. For the last few years, when you step on the gas while driving you feel a heavy vibration under your feet near center of car. The vibration stops when you let off of the gas pedal. It does not vibrate when you press the gas deal while in park, only while driving. I have had all new tires put on and keep them rotated and balanced. What could be causing this?
Category: Honda
Expert:  kalamykid replied 5 months ago.

Have you checked the engine and transmission mounts?

If the mounts are broken, the engine can sit to low and hit the frame when you accelerate with the trans in gear. There are 4 mounts total, one just in front of the radiator, one on the back side of the engine near the fire wall, one on the passenger side of the car and one under the air cleaner box on the drivers side.