Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have no dash lights, first it was both the tail and dash

Customer Question

Hello I have no dash lights , first it was both the tail and dash now its only the dash
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes, not sure the dash board bulbs
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2000 2dr v6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had someone doing it . the replace the cluster, butt splice wires I guess
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: once they replace the cluster it gave me tail lights
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

we definitely have to go back and check butt connector, you supposed to solder and heat shrink the connection

if he made a mess with it and not repairable , get on ebay and people list part wiring harness ,buy it cut what you want and repair but do it right buy soldering and heat shrinking ,regardless you have to pull it back out and inspect it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat