HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My 97 honda accord wont start and the alarm is going off.. I

Customer Question

My 97 honda accord wont start and the alarm is going off. . I didn't know my car had an alarm so I'm confused how it started going off! Now it won't start. My husband took the fuse out for the horn, so everything just blinks now but won't start. I tried turning the ignition on 5 times which worked. The car started but as soon as I turned it off then on again, it started all over again!! I've read and tried everything on the forum. . I'm stuck now
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes. I've tried everything on the forum
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I disabled the battery, turned the key to on then put the batter cables back on. Nothing. . Turned the key 5 times, that worked but then it didn't. And then the key in drivers door
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought a brand new battery thinking it was the problem too
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. When exactly does the alarm start sounding? Will it just start all on it's on without a door being opened?