nelson freitas
nelson freitas,
Experience:  AutomotiveTechnician at brantford toyota
96947379

I have a p0171 code and P1157 code.What is the solution.

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the p0171 code came up at the car dealer right after an oil change.I feel something might have been tampered with.
Expert:  nelson freitas replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an automotive technician for over 12 years now. And I am currently working at a Toyota Dealership.

I can see how you can be concerned about something being tampered with especially when the light has come on recently after a repair. But I really dont think that this might have happened. The code indicates that there is a lean condition(too much air, and not enough fuel) entering the engine. There is a common problem with this vehicle where the boot that connects the air cleaner box to the throttle body tends to crack and leak. This then allows unmetered air to enter the engine that the ECM is not aware of causing this lean.

Also the P1157 code also indicates that the 02 sensor is "stuck" in a lean condition. This is may be casued from the same vacuum leak.

I would start by inspecting this boot for cracks.

I hope I was able to help answer your question, if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Nelson

If I have been helpful please leave feedback accordingly, Thank you