HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

We have a 2007 Fit with 135,000 miles on it that 80 % of the

Customer Question

We have a 2007 Fit with 135,000 miles on it that 80 % of the time runs like new and upon rare occasions, our fit burbs, sort of, does not miss at idle, but when in or out of cruise the car starts up a slight incline has a bit of a miss. The dealer wants to take a $700+ fishing trip to replace plugs, coils, adjust valves, etc. the car had been serviced since new by Honda and the current plugs, hoses (all) belts, etc were replaced at 100,000 and Hondas's and Auto zone run thru and will give a different problem every time we get the computer. They even think and advise the cabin filter (NEW, I replace every 10,000 miles, be replaced at $59+ and after getting several checkups have not noticed the left headlight is out on the high beam.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: This started a little over a year ago when I got some watery gasoline apparently. Hued several bottles of Heet and it did fine. Recently cleaned the intake air filter an it improved greatly. Am informed there is not filter only a sack on fuel pump inatake, but a technician who has awards for being the most trained in the country can only suggest pulling and cleaning the tank. Suggestions? Oh , I was qualified mechanic and service manager for Datsun and Ford, but am too old to do much more than change air and cabin cleaner filters, etc.
JA: What is the model of your '07 Honda?
Customer: Sport.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As i said, can only change air and cabin filters, changed oil etc. until I was 75 and do still check transmission (auto) and oil and coolant.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have no faith in the local Burleson Honda dealership, who talked my wife into a $120+ brake fluid change while in for recall, which is done on scheduled maintenance.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Is check engine light on or does it ever come on during the problem? Thanks.