justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Bob, I have a 2006 Honday Odyssey that recently began

Customer Question

Hi Bob,
I have a 2006 Honday Odyssey that recently began consuming oil. There is no evidence of leaks and over the weekend my check engine light came on and the only thing I noticed was the ECO didn't come on. After some research, it looks like it's the VCM system. I haven't had the diagnostic scan yet but want to know your thoughts.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 19 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I am a Honda/Acura only service technician of 10 years so I know the brand well. Give me a few moments. Thanks

Expert:  justinsbg replied 19 days ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

This sounds like a VCM issue. More than likely the code that has caused the check engine light to come on is a P2646. This would be related to low oil pressure caused by low engine oil, and also probably a clogged oil pressure sensor assembly gasket screen. There are two things that need to be done. One is reprogramming and updating the ECM (car computer). This will most most likely have to be done at the dealership, or at a shop with this capability. Second, I would replace the oil pressure sensor housing gasket. To make this easy for you to find I am including a link to view the factory part, part number, and pricing. Part is cheap, labor should run around $80-$100. reprogramming the ECM should run around $120. The computer update should help with the engine oil consumption issue. If you aren't already, I would change oil on this engine every 3,000 miles. If you have any more questions about this just let me know. Thanks

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~filter~assy~15826-rdv-j01.html

Expert:  justinsbg replied 18 days ago.

Any news here? Please remember to rate me positively so I get credit for my answer, otherwise I won't. Remember, once you rate we can still keep chatting if you need additional help. Thanks

Expert:  justinsbg replied 16 days ago.