david carrier
david carrier,
Experience:  lead technician at firestone
96761930

I have a 2006 Honda oddessy that keeps draining my battery.i

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda oddessy that keeps draining my battery.i took it to 2 different shops and the first one said both battery and the alternator was ok. the second one said the alternator was bad and charged me 620.00 dollars to replace it. I still have the same problem, the vsa warning light comes on when I put enough charge on the battery to start the vehicle,
JA: Have you tested the battery? Do you hear a clicking when you try and start the car?
Customer: the battery is good. I did hear a clicking,but found a loose battery cable. tightened it up and the van started fine. if I disconnect the battery it will start the next day,
JA: What is the model of your '06 Honda?
Customer: odessey
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. I took it to two different shops as I said before. I am not a mech.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i hope you all have a great new year.
Category: Honda
Expert:  david carrier replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Dave and I'm here to help. It sounds like something electrical is staying power it on even when you have the car off do you ever see any lights still on either for the radio or inside the car even when you have the car turned off?