Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I have a 1994 Honda Accord lx, I was driving home recently

Customer Question

Hello I have a 1994 Honda Accord lx, I was driving home recently when all of the sudden I lost power and the engine was running rough. When I stepped on the gas it was like the engine was hitting a rev limiter and no power. Car runs fine when you first crank it up but as soon as it gets warm, same problem occurs. I checked the trouble codes and I got iac sensor and crankshaft position sensor. Does that sound like a corresponding problem to the sensors?
Thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be answering your question today. The answer is, yes. Both sensors will make this vehicle(or any for that matter) run very bad. Skipping, sputtering, backfiring, etc. Both should be replaces immediately, but more so the crank sensor. This particular sensor, if it completely goes, will prevent the vehicle from starting at all.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

If you found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the crankshaft position senor at??? Is it part of the distributor?
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.
To access this sensor you will have to remove the crank pulley. It's behind that. Once this pulley is off, it's just 2 screws and a plug.