Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Code 1259 with vtec chugging issue, 1259 yes this has been

Customer Question

Code 1259 with vtec chugging issue
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: 1259 yes this has been going on for months
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2003 crv
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have replaced the vtec solenoid. Went to heavier oil and that helped somewhat.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, occurs once engine is warmed up. Starts chugging around 2700 rpms.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your question and have an answer for you. Yes this code refers to a VE TEC malfunction which is quite common to certain Honda models. i HAVE KEPT THIS SPECIFIC VIDEO JUST FOR PEOPLE WITH THAT PROBLEM, IT SHOWS AND DESCRIBES EXACTLY WHAT IT IS AND WHAT TO DO. REMEMBER TO CANCEL THE CODE AFTER THE REPAIR, AND IN THE FUTURE EVERY 30 - 40 ,000 MILES DO AN ENGINE OIL FLUSH AND CHANGE OIL REGULARLY. Hope this helps you out and if your happy please take the time to rate my service, thank you and happy new year.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZvfPbCz3cc

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have seen these videos and did not have to pay for them. Tell me something I don't know.

This is what the code is pointing to to either try to clean it or replace it, what have you done so far?