Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Remote keys arw not working for 2005 odyssey. Bothe

Customer Question

Remote keys arw not working for 2005 odyssey. Bothe batteries have been replaced.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Battery is in good condition.
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just replaced the batteries. Fixing myself before i take to a auto shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Bought car used from a dealer. Didnt realize their seems to be issues with the key hole. Key wont fit in all rhe way.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Does the red LED light up on the remotes?

Are both remotes Honda transmitters?

If they are Honda and the red LED lights up programing needs to be tried first. I have included the programing procedure so you can try it.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.

Thank you!

~Honda-Man