sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I need to get the temporary immobilizer code for my 2003

Customer Question

I need to get the temporary immobilizer code for my 2003 honda civic so I can go to dealer to get new key made.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: no, recuasse everywhere i read says that you have to call a dealer to get it. I called and they said they know nothing about that. never heard of it
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need to get another key. I need to get the immobilizer brake code.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle ownership is verified in person to release a security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

The only way to get the code would be through a dealer. If they were unable to give it to you then you either talked to someone inexperienced or the dealer's policy doesn't allow them to release the code to the public, not uncommon. You can either try seeing someone else at this dealer or try another dealer. Either way you're going to need to be present at the dealer in person with the VIN and proof of vehicle ownership.