Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

I just bought a 2007 Honda Accord exl. The key I have only

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 Honda Accord exl. The key I have only starts the car it will not lock or unlock the car. Friend locked the doors manually got the door unlocked with string but now alarm won't go off. Help please
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** order to turn this system off you need to be able to lock and unlock the doors with a key or a remote. If you do not have one then all you can do is put the key in the ignition and turn it on to the run position and leave it there for several minutes to see if the alarm goes off. That may take care of it. If not then unhook the battery cables for several minutes. Then reinstall them and see if the key in the ignition will turn it off. If not then you need to have a locksmith make a remote or a key for the car. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've tried all those ways no success. Is there any other way I can't afford a locksmith right now
Expert:  Fixitman replied 8 days ago.

Will the vehicle start with the key?