Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My 05 crv vsa light is on i conenect my scaner say 84-1

Customer Question

steve my 05 crv vsa light is on i conenect my scaner say 84-1 logic sensor failure any help
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: vsa !
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ok i check all the abs sensor wires abs pump work is just the vsa is on all the time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: vsa!
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 9 days ago.

DTC 84-1: VSA Sensor Neutral Position. This means the VSA control module needs the neutral position sensor reinitialized. This procedure requires the use of a Honda HDS scan tool. I am not sure if other high end scan tools can do the procedure. My experience is limited to the Honda equipment. I have included the service manual diagnosis for this code and your 05' CR-V.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.

Thank you!

~Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 9 days ago.

If the procedure fails the VSA modulator-control unit will need to be replaced.

Thanks again,

~Cliff