Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Won't turn over the starter motor, nothing at all, no

Customer Question

won't turn over the starter motor
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: nothing at all, no clicks. battery seems ok, radio working. have a battery pack remote starter, not helping.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2003 accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it's my son who's been stranded for 30mins and is texting me. he's asking for advice
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 17 days ago.

Hello, it sounds like the starter solenoid is stuck not allowing the starter motor to turn. The only thing you can do is try to hit the starter solenoid with a hammer to loosen it up and see if it will turn over. Do you think he'd have the ability to do this there? If not I'm afraid he'll have to get it towed.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating three stars or more, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my time. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.