Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My car alarm will go off by itself and I don't know what the

Customer Question

My car alarm will go off by itself and I don't know what the problem is
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes it does not happen a lot but when it goes off I use the key to shut it off.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2004 Honda accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have not tried anything yet it just started recently. When it goes off I use my key and turn it off.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Honda mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Okay thank you.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No its just that
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

When the alarm system goes off at random times it's going to be one of the alarm triggers. The triggers that cause your problem are the doors, hood and trunk. If one is adjusted too loose it can set off the alarm causing a false security system breach. Each has a switch built into the latch or in the door way like the dome light switch. The Honda dealer can use the Honda HDS scan tool to check the breach history record stored in the security system control unit. Sometimes you can set the alarm wait several min then press out on each door from the inside. If the alarm goes off you found the door that needs to be adjusted. Also try pulling up on the trunk lid when the alarm is set it might need adjusted too? If none set off the alarm it's probably a bad hood latch switch. It's a very common Honda problem. Hard to give an exact answer in this situation. The dealer would be able to find the problem for sure with the breach history.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.

Thank you!

~Honda-Man

Honda service article.

Thanks again, please remember to rate.

~Honda-Man