Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My radio jumps from one station to another and also from FM1

Customer Question

My radio jumps from one station to another and also from FM1 to FM2 to AM to CD. Sometimes it stops, but at other times it keeps jumping and even speed us the jumping. What's wrong with my 2011 Accord radio?
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Original equipment and came with the car when purchased
JA: What year is your Station?
Customer: Explain your question
JA: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About the only thing that holds the station I want to listen to is by keeping pressure on FM1 of FM2, etc. My problem occurs both when I use the buttons on the radio itself or those on the steering wheel.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The local Honda dealer suggested I have them remove the radio and they'd send it out to some place. I chose not to do that and the radio has not gotten worse, but continues jumping stations. My question is whether to get the radio examined and repaired or just replace it with a Honda radio from a salvage yard or whatever.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- too much money for them to send it to rebuild

2- first pull the radio out and check the electrical connector for any backed out pins making poor connection intermittently,get electrical contact cleaner spray on connector & retest ,if still the same

3- then like you said get one from junk yard be the best cheapest way , you will need the radio code ,but when you get it call the Honda dealer ask for the parts department and ask him to give you the radio code for it so you can enter it on the used radio, he will ask for the radio number ,it will be on a label on the radio so he can look it up for you

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician